4000 Sens Cards!

   Been tied up with a few things, but since the last post I've managed to get my 4000th (and counting) Sens card. Nice milestone to hit, with my total collection, which includes Senators players in non-Sens jerseys at just over 8,300.

Not sure which of this was the official, as I bought a batch of cards from Comc for pretty decent prices.

Picked up this sweet looking Jared Cowen RC for $1.25 and it has both an autograph and a piece of memorabilia. I did already have an auto from him from a TTM I sent to him c/o the Ottawa Senators, which he was nice enough to send back. There was a lot of hope for this guy when the Sens drafted him, and he showed a great deal of promise early on, but he was extremely unlucky with injuries before and after being drafted. Towards the end of his time in Ottawa he got a lot of flack while trying to play when he clearly was not 100%, despite that I remember him going out of his way at the Sens Fan Fest taking time for all the fans that stopped by. He ended up as part of the Phaneuf trade, and I am sure was looking for a fresh start in Toronto, unfortunately he never really got an opportunity. He hasn't played an NHL game in over a year, but I hope to see him back at some point. 



  One of my favourite Sens of all time, this guy was a staple in Ottawa's early playoff runs. Was surprised to see this card at .89 cents, and grabbed it to cross him off my auto needs list.



 Not a great deal of memorabilia cards for guys like Neil, and it was definitely a need for my collection. grabbed this for a buck. One of three guys to play 1,000 games with Ottawa, this may have been his final year of a great career. The fact that a hard nosed guy like Neil managed to play on the edge for so long and never get suspended shows ya the kinda character he is.



2015-16 SP Authentic - 1995-96 SP Retro #R50
Premier Prospects - Shane Prince

Could not help myself when i saw this cool retro SP of Prince. I remember collecting these as a kid back when UD came around and started really upping the game in sports cards. Another steal, imo, for only .38 cents

Comments

Popular Posts