Comc Grab: Rookie Rivalry Frattin vs. Wiercioch

Game 4 tonight
Go Sens Go!

   I was grabbing some cheap football cards of Ottawa Redblacks (CFL) past & present, and had a little bit extra and thought I'd see if there were any bargains on Comc for memorabilia cards for guys I don't yet have memorabilia cards for. I came across this Patrick Wiercioch card and it caught my eye for two reasons First, I don't have a Wiercioch in my collection as of yet, and second, it also happens to feature Matt Frattin.

4-5 years after this card was produced, Frattin was traded along with a few other prospects and Phaneuf to Ottawa, but in an odd bit of dealing he remained with the Leafs AHL affliate, the Toronto Marlies, and never actually suited up for either the Ottawa Senators or any of their minor league affiliates. Regardless of that fact, since he was traded to the Sens, he draws in as a someone I will collect. To make a long story short, this card kills two birds with one stone.

Comments

Popular Posts