Weekend Pick Ups

Great game Saturday, hope they can keep it up tonight!

    For those of you unfamiliar with Comc.com, one of their incentives is if you ship 100 cards in one month, you'll get a $5.00 USD credit the following month. I generally just build up the collection thru small purchases on comc (a great feature is you do not have to ship a card once you buy, you can wait 'til you have a big enough shipment), and transfer some cards from Upper Deck e-packs to fill in when I need to get to 100. There is a transfer fee per card (roughly 20-25 cents per card), and given that I am in Canada, I also have to pay duty on the cards from the E-Pack site (not from Comc though, they have a shipping place in Canada), so something to keep in mind, though I never see any cards dip below .29 cents on comc, so it's still worth transferring in my opinion.

   I am a frugal collector, and prefer to have a lot of different cards vs. one high end card I'll be scared to touch. On Comc, I find that there has been loads of cards that are worth my while that are in the .50 cent range or lower. Usually I tended to get RC's or Serial # cards. Get up to $1, and you can find a decent amount of memorabilia or autograph cards.

   This weekend, I found a few good deals.

I am trying to collect atleast one auto and one autograph from every Sens player past and present, and while I already have one for Runblad, I did not have this one, which was sitting pretty at .75 cents on Comc. Runblad was at one point at highly touted as Karlsson was in terms of a Sens prospect, after being acquired in a trade with the Blues for a 1st Round Draft pick. Sometime later, while Runblad was still a highly touted prospect, Ottawa flipped him to the Coyotes for Kyle Turris. Runblad hasn't lived up to expectations, and is no longer in the NHL. Turris is Ottawa's top centre, and is a big part of the community both on and off the ice.

One of my favorite players, any time I see a card of his at a good price I snatch it. In this case a serial # card of current star player that was had for all of .55 cents.


Last, but not least, a RC of the last remaining player in the Ottawa organization that came directly from the Spezza trade. The organization still has high hopes for Paul, but he hasn't been able to crack the line up as a full time player in the NHL. Meanwhile, he's been in Bingo the last two years, developing on some less than great teams. 16-17 he showed himself to be improving in the AHL, ending the year with 37 points, tied for 3rd on the team in scoring. I got to see him play in the OHL, where he dominated in his last year, hoping to see him up with the Sens full time. Like the Stone card, I managed to grab this for .55 on comc.

Comments

Popular Posts